Welcome to the "Back Porch" of the Presbyterian Church of Chestertown, Maryland

A conversation about faith and other things.



Friday, January 25, 2013

The Sound of Silence, part 3

From Lanny Parks - a hymn for our journey in silence.  She wrote it to be sung to the hymn tune LAYING DOWN ... but it is a beautiful poem to ponder, with or without the music, maybe even in silence:


In silence now I search for you, O Lord.
My breath the only sound that I can hear.
I long for refuge from my troubled soul
And feel you near.

In silence now I watch for you, O Lord.
A sign that you will break my heart of stone
And fill it with the love I want to give
To you alone.

In silence now I wait for you, O Lord.
To know your presence, sense you close to me
Despite the anxious turning of my mind,
To simply be.


LWP
1/13

No comments:

Post a Comment